11 Feb 2021
NEW COURSE: Runway Surface Condition Assessment and Reporting
infoWERK can offer another new online course for flight crew, dispatchers and airport personnel.
This course has been developed to assist aviation personnel to meet the new ICAO requirements for runway surface condition assessment and reporting that will come into effect in November 2021. A fundamental change in the new reporting system is the introduction of runway condition code (RWYCC).
With a course duration of about 30 minutes the mentioned target groups learn how to:
- Describe the background to the ICAO GRF
- Differentiate the changing requirements for runway condition assessment and reporting
- Define the major elements of the Runway Condition Assessment Matrix (RCAM)
- Use the RCAM to assess and report on runway surface conditions
- Explain under what circumstances runway condition codes (RWYCC) can be adjusted via a downgrade or upgrade
- Recognize when a Runway Condition Assessment should be conducted
- Describe the steps required to conduct a Runway Condition Assessment
- Determine the RWYCC to be used in the Runway Condition Report (RCR)
- Use a Runway Condition Worksheet to record the data generated by a RCR, including the assignment of RWYCC and the generation of the final RCR.
If you are interested in the new courseware please check the product page. Single users can also purchase the course via our new ONLINE SHOP. If you sign in you will automatically get one course for FREE!